Galette des rois recipe Celebrate the holiday of Epiphany according to the tradition. On January 6th, let yourself be tented by the traditional galette des rois! Follow the rules while eating, don't cheat! And here is our easy and cheap recipe. We're going to give you THE authentic recipe, the traditional one, the one your grandma uses! Here are the easiest directions of the recipe:
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 100 gr white sugar
- 140 gr almond powder
- 75 gr softened butter
- 2 eggs and one yolk
- 1 tablespoon rum or almond liquor
- 1 tablespoon bitter almond (optional)
- 1 feve
- 1 crown for the king or queen
- Unfold one of the pastry sheets on your pie pan and prick it with a fork.
- Place the white sugar, almond powder, softened bitter, the two eggs and rum in a bowl and toss. At this point, you can add bitter almond extracts.
- Mound the filling onto the center of the pastry that is in your pan and hide the feve.
- Place the second sheet of pastry on top and press down the edges to seal.
- Prick several small slits in the top sheet with a fork. Use a knife to make some patterns on the cake and brush onto the top of the galette with the yolk.
- Bake between 20 and 30 minutes in a preheated oven (200°).
You can also use some roasted apples, for a fruity taste. Place them on the top of the pastry before adding the filling.