This year, 30.000 participants will take part to this event, urged on by an enthusiastic crowd thronging the whole route. The shouts of encouragement and applause are just as welcome as the refreshments and the music tents that mark this beautiful route. Informations about registration here.
Instructions: this is a preparation programme for persons used to sporting activity. Always listen to your body. The programme is based upon three sessions per week. It aims to achieve: 1h50' for the Brussels 20 kilometre run. (5'23''per kilometre). Always favour soft ground whenever possible and when running faster. Jog = between 120 and 140 pulsations per minute for a time of 6 minutes per kilometre. You can also go bike riding: make the legs turn, but don't strain too much. Food advice: eat a lot of pasta and drink a lot of water throughout the programme, and especially just before the race. Try to end each training session by limbering up and stretching.
- Start today: * three times a week : 45' footing
- Week 1 * 50' footing finished by 5 acceleration on 100m + streching * 60' footing with 3 X 6' of hard jog + 5' cool
- Week 2 * 30' footing + 2*(5 X 300m) in 65'' 100m footing entre chaque 300m * 60' footing * 45' footing + 15' (70% of your capacity) + 5' footing + 10' (85%of your capacity)
- Week 3 * 30' footing + 8 X 400m in 1'40 with 1' footing between each 400m + 10' de cooling down * 1 h 15 footing (on thursday) * 30' very very cool on Saturday * Sunday, takepart in a jogging of 10 km
- Week 4 * 45min ( 5min for 1 km) * 20' footing + 10' as fast as possible but regular * 40' footing + 3 X 8 ' (75% of your capacity) with 3' footing between
- Week 5 * 60' footing with acceleration in the rise * 1H30' footing * 30' footing + 15' (80% of your capacity) + 5' footing + 10' (85% of your capacity) + 5' footing + 10' (85% of your capacity)
- Week 6 * 30' footing + 10 accelerations on 200 meters * 20' footingt he day before + 10 accelerations on 100m / nothing on 26th