10 tips for making the best BELGIAN fries
Le jeudi, c'est le jour des frites!
Belgian fries have a world renown today ... but if we find this texture and taste only within our borders, it is because Belgians have a very specific way of preparing this national dish.
Here is the secret explained in 10 points:
1) First of all, you have to choose a good potato: Bintje is a variety perfectly suited to frying.
2) Remember to peel and cut your potatoes at the last moment, to keep them fresh.
3) Once the fries are cut, dry them before frying.
4) For frying, use unrefined beef fat. This is also called "beef white" and do not forget to change the fat every 8 to 10 times.
5) Be careful not to mix old and new oil.
6) If you only make chips rarely, you will need to replace the oil after a while.
7) Very important, then you need to cook french fries twice. First beat the French fries for 6 minutes at 130-140 ° C, then let stand and cook your fries a second time for 1.5 to 3 minutes according to 165 ° C-170 ° C, depending on the size of french fries.
8) Avoid dipping other foods in the same oil so as not to distort the taste of french fries.
9) The higher the cooking temperature, the faster the grease or oil will age.
10) Do not leave chips in the frying.
At your stove and good appetite!
Did you like this article?