"In 1883, the firm became official supplier to the Belgian Court: an amazing honour. Fifty years later, the company was purchased by Franz Schwennicke who decided to modify the range, and launched the first leather ware line in the same manner as haute couture.The firm's know-how was quickly acknowledged abroad and Delvaux gradually won over the hearts of the Japanese and Americans. New shops continually open around the globe with prestigious outlets in New-York, Beverly Hills and Palm Beach.For the last ten years, this important company - still a favourite with all followers of fashion - has maintained headquarters in the Arsenal du Charroi."
05 Jul 2012, 05:07 Last Updated: 01 Jul 2013, 10:07
Older than Belgium itself, Maison Delvaux was created in 1829 in the rue de l'Empereur. At the time, the firm made trunks and sturdy suitcases to resist long, arduous journeys.