Last updated on 17/10/2016
I brunch, you brunch... let's brunch!
Sunday: the holy day of rest. But also a day for having brunch! Brunch is a pleasant and amicable way to make the most of a well-deserved lie-in and enjoy a relaxing morning with family or friends. Brusselslife.be has listed a selection of brunch possibilities- now it's up to you to try them!
If you too succombed for the delicious trend to brunch, we put together a little repertoire of addresses that should brighten your Sunday outings.
In the world of brunches, there are some places that you can go to with your eyes closed. Among these is Henri & Agnès, which welcome you every Sunday with a different brunch. Its ingredients are always the same: local, bio and seasonal. Two services are organised at 11:30 am and 1:30 pm. Reservations are mandatory. The all-you-can-eat brunch is 25€
Other addresses :
- The Chyl : Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm for 29€
- At « Ici » : every Sunday from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm for 23€
- The Tricoterie : every Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm. 15€ for adults and 6€ for children
- The Filles Plaisirs Culinaires : Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 4 pm. Brunch is 18€
- Emile Bistro : Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am to 4 pm. Three brunch formulas for 20€: zee brunch, sun brunch or English brunch. Reservations are highly suggested.
The family musts
On Sunday, you might want to have your children enjoy the day without you having to do much. Well some restaurants accomodates their place to welcome your little ones so every one can enjoy brunch the way they want it. La Fabbrica in Tour & Taxis is one of these "children-friendly" places. A special brunch formula is possible for 8,50€, while they enjoy several activities, such as jugling, drawing, make-up... Parents will enjoy a full brunch for 17,50€.
- The Tricoterie : every Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm. 15€ for adults and 6€ for children.
- The Wolf : on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from 10 am to 6 pm. Papa bear formula is 12 to 15€, mama bear is 8 to 11€ and child bear is 13€
- The Garage à manger : Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 3 pm. All-you-can-eat formula for adults: 25€. Kids under 6 eat with their parents. Kids over 6 pay 8€.
- Crystal Lounge : Sundays from 11:30 am to 3 pm, all-you-can-eat brunch for 49€. Free for children under 10. Animations for kids.
- Cook & Book : Sundays from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm: 22€ for adults and 10€ for kids under 10. Reservation is suggested.
Best one for quality-price
Where many venues suggest high prices, some still work on a very affordable basis. On Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays, from 10 am to 4 pm, Chez Franz offers several affordable brunch formulas: small for 6€, light for 12€, medium for 12€, oriental for 15€ or big for 18€ !
- The Fils à Maman : every Sunday from 11:30 am to 15 pm for 23€
- The Clan des Belges : every Sunday from 12 am to 15 pm from 17€ to 22€.
- L’Amour Fou : on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from 11 am to 5 pm. From 12,90€ to 20€ for adults and 6€ for children
- Jat Café : every Sunday from 10 am to 3 pm for 14€
- John & Rose : every Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm for 15€
How about something home made by your own hands? Every Sunday from 11 am to 1:30pm, Mmmmh ! teaches you how to make your own brunch on site, so you can even have it there after wlass: salads, cakes, eggs, smoothies, etc. You can learn up to 6 or 7 recipes for 55€. Reservations mandatory.
The unusual ones
Are you tired of the croissants, bacon and pancakes? How about a traditional thai brunch? Every Sunday from 12 to 3 pm, the Blue Elephant makes a great spead with a brunch for 40€.
Other address :
- Lebanese brunch of the Oriento : every Sunday from 10 am to 4:30 pm for 22,50€.
When the sun is shining and the birds singing, as every brusseleir does, you should do the same: run for the nicest terrace. When it's the weekend, go for an outdoor brunch. At the Orangerie du Parc d’Egmont, the idylic atmosphere will definitely open your appetite. Good thing though, since the all-you-can-eat buffet is 29€ from 11 am to 3:30 pm, including a glass of champagne. Children will pay a special price of 13€.
Other addresses :
- MIM : every Sunday from 10 am to 3 pm for an all-you-can-eat brunch for 29€, glass of champagne included
- Pavillon Louis XV : every Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm: 4-course brunch for 30€
- Gaudron : On Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays, brunch is served for 20€
- Green Kitchen at the Belvue Museum : Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm for a 15€ brunch
Sunday is also a good opportunity to meet up with friends and/or family. Some venues make this possible and invite your groups to come have brunch. The Filles Plaisirs Culinaires are used to welcoming groups. Every weekend from 10 am to 4 pm, they will make sure you enjoy a delicious and bio brunch. The menu will be adapted according to the season. All of it for 18€.
Other address :
- Le Pain Quotidien of Stockel : no more brunch formulas, so you will have to compose your own dish.
Brunch in hotels
For those of you who have something to celebrate, hotel brunches are usually very grand, for your stomachs and for your wallets. The Royal Windsor Grand Place offer champagne and buffet-style for 42€. The restaurant in the Sofitel Louise, the Crystal Lounge, welcomes you every Sunday from 11:30 am to 3 pm for a 49€ brunch. In the kitchen, chef Adwin Fontein will offer great cuisine: oysters, crème brulée, macaroons, etc. Brunch is free for children under 10 and activities start at noon.
Other addresses :
- Restaurant Crescendo of the Sheraton Brussels : on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from 6:30 am to 2:30 pm, brunch is 26,50€ for adults and 13,50€ for children under 12
- Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel : once a month from noon to 3 pm, a jazz brunch is organised with live music for 58€ for adults and free for children under 10
The all-you-can-eat ones
If you biggest dream is to try everything, several venues can accomodate you. Try out La Fabrique on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from 11 am to 3 pm. les samedis, dimanches et jours fériés de 11h à 15h. The sweet/salty buffet also has crepes and eggs (how ever you want them). It's all you can eat for 25€ and everything is home-made !
Other addresses :
- Oma : every Sunday from 10:30 am to 4 pm: all-you-can-eat for 15€
- Tea & Eat in Ixelles: every Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm: all-you-can-eat for 25€ for adults (12,50€ for children aged 2 to 9)
- The Trouvailles de Louise : all-you-can-eat formula every first Sunday of the month for 15€. On the other weekens, brunch varies from 9,50€ to 19,80€
- Blue Elephant : every Sunday from noon to 3 pm: all-you-can-eat for 40€
- Henri & Agnès : every Sunday two services at 11:30 am and 1:30 pm: all-you-can-eat for 25€
- Crystal Lounge : every Sunday from 11:30 am to 3 pm: all-you-can-eat for 49€ (free for children under 10)
- Garage à manger : Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 3 pm: all-you-can-eat for 15€.
- MIM : every Sunday from 10 am to 3 pm: all-you-can-eat for 29€.
On Saturday too, you can brunch
- Garage à manger : Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 3 pm: all-you-can-eat for 15€
- Emile Bistro : Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am to 4 pm. Three brunch formulas for 20€
- The Wolf : on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from 10 am to 6 pm. Formulas from 8 to 15
- Chez Franz : on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from 10am to 4 pm: between 6€ and 18€
- L’Amour Fou : on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from 11 am to 5 pm: between 12,90€ and 20€
- Gaudron : on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays, brunch is served for 20€
- Les Filles Plaisirs Culinaires : Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 4 pm: brunch is 18€
- La Fabrique :on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from 11 am to 3 pm: all-you-can-eat for 25€
- Orangerie Parc d’Egmont : Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 3:30 pm: all-you-can-eat for 29€
Wine Tales - Restaurant & Pintxos Bar
The sharing of Basque gastronomy to delight the taste buds
Hôtel Métropole *****
The perfect place for cocktails and tapas at low prices