Last updated on 26/06/2013
Pumkin Tortilla With Bacon And Feta
Every season has its star attractions. Summer is now behind us and Autumn is knocking on our doors. This season offers a whole festival of colours and flavours, both in nature and on the plate. In the manu, as a main dishes: Tortilla with bacon and Feta.
For 4 people - Preparation 20 minutes - cooking time 75 minutes
- 600 gr of pumpkin cut into large pieces - 6 green onions coarsely cut - 4 coarsely cut rashers of bacon - 6 eggs - 125 ml of fresh cream - 100 gr of crumbled Feta - 40 gr of grated Parmesan - 2 tablespoons of cornflour (Maïzena) - 1 tablespoon of oil olive - 1 crushed clove of garlic
- Preheat the oven to a high temperature.
- Mix the pumpkin and the oil in a browning dish and cook for 15 minutes in a hot oven.
- Add the onions, bacon and garlic and prolong cooking for 15 minutes without covering, until the pumpkin takes on a golden colour. During this time, grease a cake mould and dress the bottom and the sides with half of the grated Parmesan.
- Lower the temperature of the oven. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the cake mould.
- Beat the eggs, the cornflour, the cream and the remainder of Parmesan in a bowl and pour on to the pumpkin.
- Add the Feta and cook in a medium oven for 45 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes and then take it out of the mould. Can be served hot or warm with a little salad.
The perfect place for cocktails and tapas at low prices
The French cooking grant itself a panorama on the city of Brussels
Aux Armes de Bruxelles
Authentic Belgian food in a chic historic setting!